Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Proposal



I may not be in my best dress but at least I have my headband :-)



May 17, 2009 - every body's busy in the house and I couldn't care less it's just another Sunday ...slave day where we all have to work in the house. It's extra busy coz it's yaya's last day and we're cooking something for her.

He arrived before lunch he bought cakes and ice cream and still I thought it's for yaya. Damn this skeletal person, I think he find it amusing that I am pissed. Suddenly my sisters shut down the TV and call everyone for a 'meeting for the proposed Palawan tour', it's not very unusual in this family to have a meeting in any time of the day. So I went inside, sit beside my dad and then they all said 'game na!', Mary still clueless just waited for somebody to start and then there was silence....I bet it's just a few seconds of silence but it feels like eternity. And then more silence... and then I knew what's next "owww shooot" even before he start. Then Ninja found his voice and asked my family if he could marry me, he proposed to my family? and not to me? waaaaiiittt a minute. "Why are you asking them and not me?" I said, he looked at me and then I understand he knew me that well nga. He planned for this together with my sisters and all the preps are not for yaya but for me. (sus napagod pa ko okay lang naman saken not so clean ang house) They all said yes except for my dad...who just cried silently we waited for him to stop he..he..sensya na emo-dad nga e. We all cried as mama bing gave her advise. I know papsy has nothing against me and jegarr but I'm his baby girl :-) He didn't say a word for the longggeesst moment but in the end after so much contemplation he said Yes!

And now, it's my turn of course I will say 'Yes' after 6 years and 5 months, its a definite yes! I'm not sure the exact moment I realized that I'm prepared for this, I'm only sure that it's Jegarr so regardless of when and where he asked me, I will surely say Yes! So he gave me the ring, we hugged, we kissed, and then we celebrate.

After wards, the one who made the proposal scene too long was the one who seems to be very excited all along! Ninja wants us to get married on June 2010, so he will have time to save and plan. Me on the other hand wants a January wedding, nice weather and it will be a good start for 2010. My dad..my dad... wants us to get married on November 2009. Whaaatt!!! and I thought your not yet ready for me to get married? Anyway we still have a lot of time to decide on the date .

I got myself engaged didn't I? It was very sincere and Ninja was so respectful to my parents. I am glad he asked my family first because no way ... or I don't have the courage to announce it to them. After we received our blessings from Familia Inobaya time to propose to God.

We went to St Vincent and attended the mass, we prayed and we thanked God for that very special day. We knew that this will not just be our wedding but our wedding with God as well so we proposed to Him. God gave me more than what I deserved and I am blessed because more than anything I know I have my family and Jegarr with me.







1 comment:

  1. aww...congrats again and again. :)

    johann's looking at the wine bottle. hmm...

    -MC

    ReplyDelete